In order to meet the growing demand throughout the United States for more titles, the first publishing organization was established in 1951 that was devoted exclusively to L. Ron Hubbard's works.
The publishing company started in Wichita, Kansas, but expanded to Phoenix, Arizona as L. Ron Hubbard moved his office. A few years later, in 1955, Distribution Center Inc. was founded in Maryland, which was in close proximity to the Founding Church of Scientology in Washington, DC.
In 1971, to streamline publishing operations once more, L. Ron Hubbard established Publications Organization United States on Temple Street in downtown Los Angeles. After outgrowing that facility within five years, the operation moved to Catalina Street in Hollywood. Moreover, to better reflect their scope and mission, in 1981 the organization was reincorporated as Bridge Publications, Inc.
In 1988, expansion again prompted Bridge Publications to relocate, this time to nearby Fountain Avenue (where the administrative offices remained until mid-2009). In 1991, the manufacturing and distribution divisions moved to Bandini Boulevard in Commerce, California. It was at the Bandini facility, in 2003, that Bridge Publications installed its first digital press. Then in 2006, the one-room print shop expanded into a full-scale digital book manufacturing plant.
In June 2009, following the recovery and restoration of L. Ron Hubbard’s written works and recorded lectures, and to once again meet the ever-growing demand, Bridge Publications brought all functions together in one location: a 276,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility on Olympic Boulevard in Los Angeles.
Today, the new building houses an award-winning and state-of-the-art fully digital in-house book and compact disc production facility, a fully automated distribution center as well as administrative offices to oversee the promotion, marketing and sales of L. Ron Hubbard’s nonfiction materials.